Monday 1 April 2013

My aim is to reach India, Bollywood is just a tool, says Chetan Bhagat at Mind Rocks Youth Summit 2013


After the success of Kai Po Che, the not-so-big friendship film that made it at the box office notching up decent business this year, author Chetan Bhagat on Friday said his aim was to reach India and for him Bollywood was just a tool.

Addressing the session titled '3 Mistakes and 3 Successes of My Life' at the India Today Mind Rocks Youth Summit 2013, the maverick author revealed the secrets of his 'out-of-the-box' understanding of life.

"My aim is to reach India and Bollywood is just a tool. If you take Kai Po Che, for me the film was quite a tricky affair as it had riots, earthquake. But finally, I think it was a good mistake that I made," he said.

During the interaction with the young audience, Bhagat said money should not be the key focus in life. "I belong to a middle-class family so money means a lot to me. But chasing only money, I consider, is a bad mistake," he said.

He said people in a country like India think if someone takes a risk and does not succeed, it is seen as a mistake.

Talking about some bad mistakes, the author pointed out three areas which, according to him, are bad mistakes - "chasing money, ignoring health and letting criticism/expectations get to me".

The good mistakes in life, according to Bhagat, are his work being accepted across multiple platforms, turning his passion to reality and still not losing his head (as compared to other people around him).

"I believe India is still a poor country. I have seen my banker friends being obsessed with money and the assets they can buy. I firmly believe too much of money destroys your soul," the author said.

No comments:

Post a Comment